APRIL 28, 2020
Dear Patients of Charles A. Garcia & Associates,
The Charles A. Garcia, MDPA & Associates physicians, optometrists, and staff remain committed to serving our patients and the Houston community. We thank you for your support and patience during these difficult times of the Covid 19 Pandemic and the partial and temporary closing of our offices. The Federal, State and local Stay home orders and limits on medical services affected all of us.
Thank you for your patience in our care of you and to our doctors and staff who continued to serve you personally or by Telemedicine. We are pleased to announce the reopening of several Houston area offices effective April 27, 2020 rolled out over the next 4 weeks.
While we reopen several clinics, we will continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 Coronavirus infection in our community and follow the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Texas, County and City of Houston Authorities recommendations for medical services and for your protection. We know we will operate with precautions and extra infection control procedures.
We have enhanced disinfecting clinics, equipment, lobbies and waiting areas and contacted surfaces, counter-tops, door handles, exam chairs, computers and tables. Our staff wears Personal Protection Equipment for everyone’s safety.
The governments require and encourage all medical providers and all patients and necessary persons accompanying the patients to wear a face mask or covering; use social distancing of 6 feet between people, and frequent hand soap and water washing. Always cover a cough or sneeze and avoid touching your face, nose and eyes.
Please read and follow these instructions in our Offices:
- If you have an appointment for routine eye care and you also have a fever, cough, sore throat,
- Cancel and reschedule your appointment in person or with Telemedicine.
- Call 713-659-3937 and the staff will connect you to any location
- Ask if you can visit your doctor by Telemedicine. The doctor can see and talk to you on your phone or computer without you going to the office.
- Call your primary care physician for your flu-like condition
- Please Reschedule your appointment if:
- In the last 14 days you or your family members had close contact with someone with known or suspected COVID-19 infection.
- We can keep or reset the visit by Telemedicine if needed.
- We can reschedule you in person after 14 days quarantine with no symptoms since your last contact with anyone known to be infected with Covid 19.
- Please reset your appointment or make a Telemedicine appointment if
- You or your family member traveled within the last 14 days to any cities, states or areas with a wide spread of COVID-19 infection.
- Your appointment can be after a 14 day quarantine period or with a Telemedicine visit.
- For your in person appointment:
- When you Check in, give your mobile phone number.
- You must wear a face mask or covering that covers your nose and mouth.
- We don’t have sufficient supplies at this time to furnish a mask to you, so you may be turned away and rescheduled if you come without face covering.
- Your temperature will be checked before you come inside the building.
- No admission if your temperature is above 99.9 degrees and you will be checked before entering the building.
- You will have other paperwork before coming into the clinic.
- While waiting, please keep 6 feet apart from other persons waiting for their appointments
- Keep social distancing – 6 feet apart from anyone not living with you. For now, we have to space
people inside the waiting areas.
- If extra paperwork is needed, you can take it to your car to fill out.
- You might be asked to wait in your car.
- You will receive a call or message to come in.
- A member of the Clinic’s staff will meet you to escort you to the exam area.
- Family or other people should wait in the car or remain at home during your visit.
- Do not bring children under 10 years old. They are not permitted at this time.
- Only patients and one necessary caretaker will be allowed in the clinic. All persons must wear a face mask or coverings and keep on while in the clinic.
- Drivers waiting in the parking lot should give a mobile number when time to pick up the patient.
- Our optical shops will also accept clients by appointment only - social distancing rules apply.
All our doctors, Dr. Charles Garcia, Dr. Rania Tabet, Dr. Geoffrey Iszard, Dr. Michael Suber, and Dr. Mary Jane Cuevas, Dr. Earline Morse, Nurse Practitioner Araceli Theodore, and all our staff will do our best to adjust our practice to meet the needs of our patients, provide best quality eye care, while taking appropriate steps to keep everyone safe during this pandemic.
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping safe and well.